Vaping vs smoking

gnana1, Jan 9, 12:31am
Where on Trade Me can I buy electronic/vap cigarettes.I want to give up too.

slimgym, Jan 9, 3:57am
my husband has got a vaping, I hate the smell and now he has a cough. He was doing really well with the chewing gum and patches. trouble is if something upsets him he needs to calm down and that when he turns to smokes,

hakatere1, Jan 12, 9:55am
thevapingkiwi.co.nz

floydandu2, Jan 12, 10:41am
This month I celebrate 4 years tobacco-free.
I used e-cigs to wean myself off the nicotine over about 8 months, so will celebrate 4 years nicotine free later this year.
Going from a pack a day, I have nothing but support for the shift.

mysonny, Jan 13, 10:01pm
lythande1 wrote:
Good for you, however it has not worked for me.
All the methods do not work until your mind changes. I've seen that with friends, one who just decided one day, that's it. No methods, just stopped. Others who, "should" give up and it fails.
Because nagging, whatever form that takes, health, cost, whatever. does not work

Nothing worked for me either until I used patches and vaped together. I initially vaped menthol juice with six percent nicotine. After about two weeks I dropped to three and now very rarely vape. Am down to 2nd patch. The lozenges are good if you feel a bit tichey. I did find I needed initially a vapor that produced a good cloud when puffed. I didn’t think I could give up after 45 years but I have.

mysonny, Jan 13, 10:04pm
Don’t know about trademe. I went to the vapo shop. You can try all the flavours before you buy

molly37, Jan 14, 7:23am
Wow good on you. but are you now have a dependency to something else?
Or would you be able to stop easily. Our son was vaping and getting a lot of chest issues. googling it made us realise that its not without its issues, he gave up and is 100% better.

kara101, Jan 14, 11:06pm
i used e cigarette with high nicotine content it made me feel sick when i puffed a few puffs. Help put me off. Have been completely smoke free about six years now

sonns79, Feb 7, 11:12am
I have a vaping e cig but it just makes me feel ill. I think they are probably just as bad as smoking because it's oil that is getting vapourised and going into your lungs. I have started smoking home grown tobacco. I know it's still bad for me and I need to stop when I am ready but at least I feel healthier for not having all those artificial chemicals going into my lungs. I am also finding that I am not smoking as much so I'm cutting down slowly. When life is a bit less stressful I will be ready to stop cold turkey.

ingies, Feb 7, 4:55pm
Be careful what you put into your lungs vaping, google popcorn lung and vaping, it is like changing one high risk activity (smoking cigarettes) with another

seller4, Dec 29, 7:47am
For those wanting to quit smoking let me share my story. I had my last cigarette 31.01.2017. Yes it was the cost but more the cost to my health. I have asthma and was struggling with other health issues. I started vaping on 12% nicotine, went down to 6%, then 3%. That wasnt satisfying me so went back up to 6%. Earlier this month I ended up in ICU with fluid on my lungs and heart failure. I honestly thought I had taken my last breath. Thank goodness my family and friends were around to get me through. After 45 odd years of smoking my lungs have finally said enough.
Now I am vaping 0% nicotine. I just enjoy the menthol taste and the inhaling.
For those of you thinking of quitting, give it a go. Big price rise coming up, also your health is more important. I am not becoming one of those ex smokers who preach or moan about smoking, my kids still smoke.
Good luck.

lythande1, Feb 20, 5:05pm
Good for you, however it has not worked for me.
All the methods do not work until your mind changes. I've seen that with friends, one who just decided one day, that's it. No methods, just stopped. Others who, "should" give up and it fails.
Because nagging, whatever form that takes, health, cost, whatever. does not work.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)