Have sore joints,do any off pills

treens2, Apr 14, 7:58pm
advertised work,anyone tried them,keen to hear your thoughts.thanks

punkinthefirst, Apr 14, 8:18pm
I'd advise you to see your GP first. Sore joints can be due to any number of causes, some minor, and some quite serious, so you need to know what's causing it. In the meantime, paracetemol is pretty good.

lythande1, Apr 15, 7:49am
No, they do not.
If arthritis.

tony9, Apr 15, 9:24am
Depends on the cause. Mine are due to abuse and a combination of paracetamol and Diclofenac works well for me.

lythande1, Apr 15, 2:45pm
Diclofenac is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
Diclofenac consumption has been associated with significantly increased vascular and coronary risk ] Upper gastrointestinal complications were also reported
Vascular death was increased significantly by diclofenac

Following the identification of increased risks of heart attacks with the selective COX-2 inhibitor rofecoxib in 2004, attention has focused on all the other members of the NSAIDs group, including diclofenac.

Only aspirin was found not to increase the risk of heart disease; however, this is known to have a higher rate of gastric ulceration than diclofenac.
Diclofenac is similar in COX-2 selectivity to celecoxib.

Gastrointestinal complaints are most often noted. ulceration and/or bleeding requires immediate termination of treatment with diclofenac.

Liver damage may occur.

But I think poster means all these things on TV, showing magic, limping people suddenly running marathons, jumping up and down and biking etc.

Nope, sorry.

princess52, Apr 15, 3:18pm
My husband finds fish oil helps

hidecote01, Apr 15, 3:48pm
When my joints are bad I take two paracetamol and two ibuprofen together. More relief than just paracetamol

kinna54, Apr 15, 4:02pm
I take celecoxib. doesn't eliminate the pain but makes it manageable at present. Brings it down to more of a tenderness rather than that drawing ache. and I take wild krill, which is disCusting! and smells dreadful but I hold my nose and down the pill quickly.
Hubby has Oesteoarthritis thru shoulders and spine and he sticks to a regime of 2 panadol every 4 hrs on the dot, as well as the celecoxib, and fish oil but on real bad days he can be found hitting the tramadol and lying down flat on his back. Gentle Exercise and movement do help PS. have tried arthrem. no difference. friend has tried the joint health plus. says it helps as in eases but if you're expecting miracles . then sorry . no

Added I also use the antiflamme joint rub. the one with the green lid. that also does ease things.

spdip, Apr 15, 4:32pm
Best to discuss your options with your GP or medical professional.

Nobody here knows your co-morbidities, family history, etc.

However we all have or know someone who has, suffered from (name diagnosis) and this it the treatment (a truck load of medications recommended) they had.

jbsouthland, Apr 15, 4:48pm
Arthrem has helped my mother , neighbour and myself with joint pain .
Losing weight is the biggest help in my own personal case .

trogedon, Apr 15, 6:59pm
Getting your body in a less acidic state via foods that are more alkaline will often help.

village.green, Apr 15, 7:13pm
Golden Paste cheap and effective to make no side effects. Go to Dr Doug English's site Turmeric For Life. You make it yourself, easy peasy.

sarahb5, Apr 15, 10:13pm
I would say it depends on what the cause is - I had human parvo virus which inflames your joint spaces and needed high dose antibiotics to get it under control as well as ibuprofen for the pain

onefield1, Apr 16, 8:53am
Wheat and dairy products can cause inflammation and joint pain, for me anyway.

buzzy110, Apr 16, 11:22am
"Human life requires a tightly controlled pH level in the serum of about 7.4 (a slightly alkaline range of 7.35 to 7.45) to survive". Homeostasis ensures that our ph levels remain within that range no matter what we eat.

However there is absolutely no harm in configuring your diet to lean more toward fresh primary produce with emphasis on vegetables, fruit, eggs, fish, small amounts of meat and whole grains and natural fats whilst keeping processed grains and other highly processed foods to a minimum.

hoarder85, Apr 16, 1:48pm
Curcumin and fish oil are both good! Some people have success with chondroitin and MSM supplements too.

eljayv, Apr 17, 3:48pm
My daughter and her husband have had good success with a product called turmerix however she has stopped taking it after 3 months as she started getting nausea however her husband still uses it. They claim relief came within a day or two of starting it.

trogedon, Apr 17, 5:54pm
You'd be into the oysters too - which are no good for anyone. SFB

trogedon, Apr 17, 6:02pm
Benefits to the body of an Alkaline diets / foods(one of many examples posted);

https://yurielkaim.com/highly-alkaline-foods/

wendalls, Apr 17, 6:42pm
Low carb healthy fat way of eating. Overwhelming evidence.

cleo444, Apr 17, 7:01pm
This is the one thing that does work for me. I have osteoarthritis in my shoulder.

toiller, Apr 17, 7:07pm
Be very careful taking Diclofenac, it worked really well for my sore joints, I now have chronic Kidney disease so cant take it, only thing I have is Panadol which doesn't do much. I have taken heaps of different products that are advertised but none are any good & a waste of time & money.

buzzy110, Nov 29, 4:53pm
OMG. You believe some truly weird things. Of course I enjoy oysters. So what? They are not 'bad' for you unless that is all a person chooses to eat. In that case the lack of fresh vegetables in the diet might go against maintaining good health.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)