Detox is making me feel sick Page 1 out of 3

I have gone wheat free, do not smoke anything and drink very little alcohol.
My diet is pretty good and I am not overweight. So you say I do not need a detox, but.
I have been diagnosed with mercury poisoning and elevated levels of tin and lead!
So I have been looking for cheap alternatives to help my liver, kidneys and skin to do the detox.
I am pretty sure the mercury comes from my dental amalgams and lead and tin perhaps from 20 years of smelling solder fumes as electronics technician.
So now I need to detox a bit faster than body would detox itself.
Before my diagnosis I started oil pulling which reduced my symptoms considerably. So I am doing it every morning.
Other low cost detox I am doing is mineral foot spa in the morning and clay detox.
I would swim in the sea and have sauna more often if I could.
What I am saying is that you do need in some cases to give your body a bit of help and do detox. It does not need to cost a lot and in my case I have not spend huge amounts to some therapists who promise more than deliver.
Slightly sceptic and open mind with Google is your best friend :) Also some of the advise here is worth more than doctors visit.

Beauty_gadgetman, Mar 24, 2012, 3:53 pm

GREEN TEA! is yuk but helps

Beauty_trojanwarrior1, Mar 24, 2012, 3:57 pm

I gave up caffiene, and in a bid to get a little bit healthier, I went to the health shop and got a detox and cleanse 3 in 1 , digestion, liver function, bowel health, by nutralife, everytime i have it , it makes me feel queasy and like i want to throw up, is this normal! I have never done one before

Beauty_pooks3, Jun 28, 2012, 1:46 pm

Why are you doing it!It sounds awful.

Why not just cut out items with additives and/or added sugars and eat good nutritious food.

Beauty_nfh1, Jun 28, 2012, 2:19 pm

Coming off caffeine alone will make you feel terrible.I suggest you wait a week after you've stopped the caffeins to do a detox cleanse.However detoxing can happen in many ways - through juicing, taking probiotics, even taking cod liver oil nfh1.Health shops sometimes have items which seem like a good idea but are really there just to waste your money.There are better ways with good food.

Beauty_vmax2, Jun 28, 2012, 2:36 pm

Hahaha vmax!

Beauty_nfh1, Jun 28, 2012, 2:38 pm

A healthy liver is a well-designed detox unit.

Beauty_elliehen, Jun 28, 2012, 3:33 pm

But then if the liver has been badly treated you need to do some healing in that area in order for it to return to its good detoxing ability.

Beauty_vmax2, Jun 28, 2012, 3:35 pm

Yes Ellie - agree 100%.
OP - if you don't feel well, then listen to your body and ditch the detox.
Keep up the caffeine-free though.

Beauty_bedazzledjewels, Jun 28, 2012, 3:38 pm

And if your stomach lining also has holes in it, good detoxing, followed by a healing diet is also important.

Beauty_buzzy110, Jun 28, 2012, 3:39 pm

if your stomach lining has holes in it you'd be in a pretty serious condition in hospital!

eta: agree with the posters about your body being set up to detox without buying a whole lot of detox systems. That's one of the many jobs of the liver.

Beauty_princess52, Jun 28, 2012, 3:42 pm

No, it means leaky gut syndrome.Many people in this modern world have it due to a poor diet, health conditions and environmental toxins.

Beauty_vmax2, Jun 28, 2012, 3:43 pm

I know that. I also know that's it another of the alternative medicine scientifically unproven conditions. Hence my post! If you have a leaky gut, you would be in a serious condition in hospital

Beauty_princess52, Jun 28, 2012, 3:48 pm

Yes, and many people are hospitalized for illnesses which could be healed by simply healing the gut.

Beauty_vmax2, Jun 28, 2012, 3:50 pm

http://gapsguide.com/about/conditions-addressed-by-gaps/

All these conditions listed can be healed by healing the gut.It will also heal the liver.

Beauty_vmax2, Jun 28, 2012, 3:53 pm

http://gapsguide.com/about/conditions-addressed-by-gaps/

All these conditions listed can be healed by healing the gut.It will also heal the liver.

Beauty_vmax2, Jun 28, 2012, 3:53 pm

it is more to do with age actually.

Beauty_cookessentials, Jun 28, 2012, 3:59 pm

Children also get leaky gut syndrome.Many children with illnesses have leaky gut.Children with autism have leaky gut.Age is to do with lack of enzymes which help us digest our food.They decrease as we get older.That is why fermented food is so important.It helps us digest our food.

Beauty_vmax2, Jun 28, 2012, 4:40 pm

Drink lots of water, and it should soon pass.it may be your liver getting rid of bad stuff.Just like the term."Shi**tY Liver".a squeeze of lemon helps too in the water.(warm water is better).take care

Beauty_hails1, Jun 28, 2012, 4:51 pm

No princess what you'd have is Leaky Gut syndrome. Probably something you have if I read all of your medical problems correctly. A poster in Recipes, for instance, tells everyone that she has been diagnosed with holes in her stomach lining and she is not in hospital. Neither are all the other sufferers of auto-immune disease.

I too, agree that buying detox stuff is money down the loo. A healthy detox should involve the consumption of nutrient rich foods derived from primary produce.

Beauty_buzzy110, Jun 28, 2012, 4:58 pm

sponsored links

Leave a comment No registration required

Comment required
Your nickname optional
You are not a robot, are you?

Enter what you see above required