Red Vein treatment

kiwibunz, Dec 19, 5:54am
I've had IPL and diathermy and found both to be effective and didn't get any scarring. I do have very fair skin though and if you have darker skin there is more chance of pimnetation and scarring.

bud111, Dec 19, 8:40am
kiwibunz wrote:
I've had IPL and diathermy and found both to be effective and didn't get any scarring. I do have very fair skin though and if you have darker skin there is more chance of pimnetation and scarring.[/quote

just thought i would point i didnt get any scarring with IPL or red vein treatment only hyperpigmentation.

catiez, Dec 16, 10:59pm
How succsessful is it can it leave scaring !

kiwibunz, Dec 18, 7:42am
Do you mean laser therapy on broken facial capillaries!

bud111, Dec 18, 7:58am
Red vein with a the electrolysis method was very successful for me on my cheek area.It will not leave scarring, you will have a few dotti scabs on the area, but dont pick off as they will flake off as they heal.The only thing with broken cappilliaries is they always will eventually return.I also did try IPL on my cheek area for broken cappillaries, the red vein was reduced but i have now also hyper pigmentation (slightly dark marks)in this area also which wasnt so good even though i used a high level sun screen.

ruie, Dec 18, 8:45am
Hi bud111 . is your hyper pigmentation a result of the IPL treatment!I have wondered about IPL for broken capillaries but I wouldn't want to swap one problem for another.

bud111, Dec 18, 9:13am
yes ruie it was because of the IPL treatment.

bud111, Dec 18, 9:22am
Also ruie my skin was fine for afew months after the IPL as the broken capillaries were gone, and then one day i was closley looking at my skin and i could see every triangle mark the IPL machine made on my skin.It is not so obvious that probably other people would even notice the marks, but i can see them up close and always wear makeup.I think the red vein with electrolysis is definately the best method to remove red vein as you do not get hyperpigmentation, but i would make sure to get a very experienced electrolygist.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)